Hi, everyone! Happy Friday! I’ve been really excited to share this post for quite some time! I’m a people person and love getting to know people, so I thought this would be a fun way for you to learn more about me! Now, I don’t want this to be one-sided, so please leave a quirky or fun fact about yourself in the comments! And now, on to my 5 things!
1. I love listening to movie soundtracks while I’m cooking dinner. It makes chopping onions and frying chicken seem like I’m starring in my own version of “Julie and Julia.” The soundtrack I’m currently obsessed with? The score for the 1995 remake of “Sabrina.” Do you remember the film?!! Harrison Ford as Linas Larrabee, Julie Ormond as a charming Sabrina, who in this version works on the staff of Vogue Paris and learns photography while abroad. The film is fantastic – enhanced by the incredible soundtrack! The music is composed by John Williams, and the score, including my favorite track “Moonlight” by Sting, were both were nominated for Academy Awards! It’s a must listen 🙂
2. Speaking of music, I have this thing with musicals! Though I really don’t like singing for others (and don’t consider myself to have a great singing voice) I love singing along to my favorite musicals! A few favorites – “Newsies,” “Phantom of the Opera,” and “Les Misérables.” My parents gave me Josh Groban’s new album “Stages” for Christmas (which is amazing) & has been my new sing-along for the car! 🙂
3. Gilmore Girls is my favorite show of all time! Not only did I recently watch the whole series again once it came to Netflix, but I watched the final few seasons when they originally aired in college. I always identified with Rory, especially in the beginning of the show – I too was somewhat naive and nerdy in my younger years 🙂 And, I loved school! My school path also followed hers down to the year! In the show, Rory graduated high school in 2003 (the same year I did) and then finished college (the same year I graduated college) in 2007. We’re basically twins. Lol.
4. My first time out of the country was on a missions trip to Ecuador when I was 12. But my love for other cultures started even earlier – my Mom has the gift of hospitality and we often had college-age international students staying with us during my formative years. One of my early school papers was about visiting all my friends around the world! This love of culture (and general wanderlust) is one of the reasons I first got into art and photography!
5. That first trip to Ecuador was also my first time on a plane, and I thought that every flight included large reclining seats and meal service! Boy was I disappointed when I flew domestic for the first time! lol
What about you? Don’t forget to leave at least one fun fact about yourself in the comments! Happy weekend, friends!